DrupalGov2020: 200 documents in a single bulk upload
A case study on how we configured GovCMS8 SaaS platform to handle bulk uploads and the assignment of metadata.
The Attorney-General’s Department supports the technical and content management for several Royal Commissions. A common request is for the timely publishing and management of numerous documents tendered before or at public hearings - 200 documents or more in some instances. With a series of hearings taking place all around Australia, the pressure on the publishing team to manage these loads presents challenges.
The Bulk Upload solution addresses some key requirements:
- Classify and sort documents in one bulk upload process,
- Manage different file formats of the same document,
- Run a publishing workflow to gain legal sign off before publishing,
- Handle the versioning of files when a legal update is required,
- Display those documents in different views on different pages: hearings, document library, and
- Make the complex simple and work around limitations.