Announcing Webform Invitation port for Drupal 8
The Webform Invitation module has now been ported to Drupal 8.
Most of us know how powerful the Webform module is in Drupal, allowing us to collect and retain data from users. It has been extended in many ways and is a vital part of most Drupal websites.
The Webform Invitation module extends Webform and allows submissions to be limited by invitation through the entry of a code which validates the submitted against a list of known codes. This pattern can be used to apply “coupons” and handle any situation where you need to limit the users who are able to submit.
All generated codes can be downloaded as XLS spreadsheet with direct links leading to the Webform URL with "code" parameter inside, so it's then automatically filled into "Invitation Code" text field - you can use this spreadsheet for any of your favorite mass emailing service.
The module works as follows
When installed, Webform Invitation module adds a new tab to all Webforms called "Invitation" (next to "View", "Test", "Results" and "Build"). There are also four sub-tabs called "Settings" (default action), "List codes", "Generate", and "Download".
- Site builder defines new Webform or update existing one, where invitations are needed.
- The Site builder navigates to the "Invitation" tab and enables invitations for the current Webform.
- This option is adding new "webform_invitation_code" text field element on the first position inside "Build" section and you can adapt the position or other element details as required.
- When option is disabled, the "webform_invitation_code" element is removed from any position.
- Then the Webform is locked for any submission, because there are no invitation codes available and site builder needs to generate some. It's possible by navigating to "Generate" sub-tab and setting number of generated codes and their type (MD5 or custom).
- "Number of codes to generate" is 25 by default, but you can increase this number as needed.
- "Type of tokens" is set to MD5 hash of 32 characters length, but you can switch to custom token and set their length and character sets to be used.
- After clicking on "Generate", you are redirected to "List codes" sub-tab and you are ready for sending these invitation codes out and users are able to fill submissions. You can monitor if specific codes were used and for which submission.
- The site builder can generate new codes of different type any time.
- If site builder wants to export all unused invitation codes, he can do it on "Download" sub-tab.
- It provides XLS spreadsheet with direct links to the Webform URL with "code" parameter inside.
- This code is automatically filled into "Invitation Code" text field.
The Webform Invitation module is supported by the team at Morpht. Give it a try and let us know what you think.