Community Broadcasting Association of Australia
Morpht delivered a feature rich publishing platform for the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA), integrating CiviCRM and allowing for better communication with broadcasters, musicians and listeners.
The CBAA was looking to migrate their Drupal 6 site to Drupal 7 and to make a number improvements along the way. The main areas for consideration were:
- targetting different messages to their various audiences: broadcasters, listeners and musicians,
- incorporating a number of satellite sites under one umbrella site,
- strengthening the publishing platform to allow easier classification and discovery of content,
- integrating CiviCRM into the backend as a CRM,
- migrating content from an external blog,
- providing content creators with better tools to build pages.
The discovery process we undertook focussed largely around the different audiences and how they would access the content. A lot of consideration was given to who was coming to the site and how they would flow through the site. Calls to action were added to help convert these users. Pages were kept sticky by providing alternative paths based on recommended content.
The information architecture for the site involved the development of a classification system for services, audiences and categories which would worked across all articles and resources. This facetted approach allows the editors to slice and dice the content so that it can be selectively pulled into the site to deliver the right content to the user. This gives the power to editors to decide where content lists would be displayed on the site. This solution married the structured provided by classification with the freedom of filtering results as desired.