Drupal Project Manager (AU based)
We are seeking an experienced Drupal Project Manager to join our team. We have a number of large, interesting transformation projects which are starting up and are looking for a confident project manager to help deliver them. You will need a good track record of collaborating with clients to produce exceptional quality digital experiences by capitalising on your knowledge of web technologies and user experience.
The role encompasses managing and delivering digital projects for high calibre clients in the government sector. Reporting to the Managing Director, key functions of the role will include working with developers, designers and clients. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of projects using the Drupal and GovCMS.
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- Based on-site at our Sydney office or remotely.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and contractors for delivery of projects on time and budget.
- End to end project management from discovery through design, build and deployment.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Leading standups, retrospectives and showcases.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal teams and contractors.
- 2 years' experience in project management.
- Use of agile methodologies.
- CMS experience including Drupal or other open source CMSs.
- Proven experience in managing people and teams.
- At least 2 years of experience working with responsive design, accessibility and the creative process.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Proven history of successfully delivering tasks and projects.
- Ability to discuss technical solutions with team members and clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of web technologies.
- Strong skills in planning, organising and the ability to set expectations.
- Understanding of budgets, targets or goal setting.
- Knowledge of project management software such as Jira and Redmine.
- Knowledge of accessibility standard and responsive web design.
- Knowledge of the Australian Government Design System and GovCMS.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Clear communicator who likes working with people.
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Client focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and to lead others.
- Well presented and professional at all times.
- Calm under pressure.
We are a tight knit family of developers, frontenders, designers, UX researchers and site builders. We are well known in the Drupal community and work on significant projects, mainly in the public sector. We are based in Sydney but are spread across Australia and the Czech Republic. We value teamwork and continual learning and support each other as we deliver work as best as we can. We are big supporters of open source software and regularly contribute code back to projects such as Drupal.
If you would like to work for us we’d love to hear from you. Please include a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Morpht and what you think you could bring to the team. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for responses from project managers located in Australia. Candidates from overseas, recruitment companies and other agencies need not apply.
If you are interested, please complete the form below. Please be sure to mention how you can make a difference at Morpht. We'd love to hear about the projects you are most proud of and why.
We are seeking applications from front enders only. No recruiters please.